- This event has passed.
Take Back the Night 2021: A Survivor’s Dream
September 23, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for Take Back the Night 2021: A Survivor’s Dream! #TBTN21ON
When: Thursday September 23rd 6:30pm-8:00pm
Where: Virtually over zoom
WHAT IS TAKE BACK THE NIGHT?
Take Back the Night (TBTN) is an annual rally and peaceful protest against sexual and gender-based violence. TBTN 2021: A Survivor’s Dream aims to celebrate, to support and to empower survivors through the power of words & art & community coming together and sharing space virtually.
PURPOSE AND GOALS
The purpose and goals of Take Back the Night vary. They are contextual and specific to each year’s organizing and supporters, while connected to the larger historical event movement. Some goals are:
- To raise awareness about the prevalence and ongoing impacts of sexual violence
- To publicly condemn systemic oppressions that create, maintain and perpetuate rape culture
- To reclaim public spaces that are often considered “unsafe” to travel at night for many individuals due to the perpetration of gender-based violence
- To engage in discussions about prevention and to imagine futures without violence
THIS YEAR’S TAKE BACK THE NIGHT INCLUDES:
– Engaging Speakers , Local Poets & Artists who have been invited to come & share their craft
– In place of our regular rally and march in protest of sexual & gender-based violence we will be hosting a virtual open mic for TBTN! So if you feel inclined please hop on the mic & share
– There will also be a raffle for some local stores & food venues for all attendees
For more information and/or accessibility options, please contact: